Amazon announced thier new Kindle Fire HDX line of tablets and a new os Fire OS 3.0 a.k.a. Mojito to power them up. The new tablets comes in 2 different display saizes 7 inch and 8.9 inch. Both of them have Adreno 330 GPU, 2 GB RAM, quad-core Snapdragon 800 processors clocked at 2.2 GHz and will last upto 11 hours on medium usage conditions. The tablets run the new version of Fire OS, which itself is a forked version of Android. The Fire OS 3.0 – Mojito introduces 24×7 tech support. Both tablets are available as WiFi and LTE variants.
Kindle Fire HDX
Kindle Fire HDX comes with a 7 inch display with 1920×1200, 323 ppi and 100% sRGB. Here are the pricing details for different variants of Fire HDX:
- Kindle Fire HDX 7 inch 16GB ($229 WiFi, $329 LTE)
- Kindle Fire HDX 7 inch 32GB ($269 WiFi, $369)
- Kindle Fire HDX 7 inch 64GB ($309 WiFi, $409).
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
The 8.9 inch version of Kindle Fire HDX comes with a resolution of 2560×1600px with 339ppi.
- 16GB ($379 WiFi, $479 LTE)
- 32GB ($429 WiFi, $529)
- 64GB ($479 WiFi, $579)
The pre-orders for Amazon Kindle HDX starts today. If you would like to pre order them just head over to these links:
- Kindle Fire HDX 7″, HDX Display, Wi-Fi and 4G LTE – Includes Special Offers
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″, HDX Display, Wi-Fi and 4G LTE – Includes Special Offers
Amazon plans to start the shipment of Kindle HDX WiFi by October 18th and the LTE variant by November 14. However for Kindle HDX 8.9 Amazon has different plans. We’re looking at a possible shipment start date of November 7 for the WiFi variant and December 10 for the LTE variant.
Last Updated on