Today Apple announced it latest major smartphone in the iPhone line up, iPhone 5S. iPhone 5S is the major version and iPhone 5C is the cheap or budget version iPhone. If you would like to know more about iPhone 5C, check out our post which discusses about iPhone 5C price & features. In this post we will see what Apple has in their sleeves for us with their new iPhone 5S.
iPhone 5S Colour Availability:
Apple is offering iPhone 5S in 3 different premium colours which are silver gold and space gray.
Under the hood of iPhone 5S:
- The device is coming with an A7 chip which in fact makes iPhone 5S the world’s first smartphone to come with a 64-bit processor. The new iPhone 5S is said to be 5 times faster than iPhone 5.
- iPhone 5S comes with another chip called M7 which continuously measures motion data and being used for Accelerometer, gyroscope and compass. This chip enables a whole new generation of health and fitness apps Apple says.
- The new iPhone 5S is said to have better battery back up when compared to iPhone 5. Apple promises up to 250 hours of standby time for iPhone 5S.
- iPhone 5S comes with almost the same camera of iPhone 5 but with an exception. The new camera comes with five-element Apple-designed lens. This camera can capture HD videos at 720p at 120FPS and a 28 mega pixel panorama.
- Comes with Touch ID fingerprint sensor which lets you unlock the device using your fingerprint. The sensor is embedded to the home button and is scratch proof.
iPhone 5S Pricing & Availability:
iPhone 5S price starts at $199 for 16 GB. the 32 GB variant will cost you $299 and $399 for the 64 GB variant, all under a standard 2 year contract. If you would like to get a case for your iPhone 5S, those are available for $39.
Now as for the availability, the pre order for Apple iPhone 5S will start on September 13th and you will be able to buy it starting from September 20th if you’re from US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore or the UK. by December 2013, iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C will be available on 100 countries and over 270 carriers.
Last Updated on