Carbon Dioxide leak kills Samsung factory worker

samsung-chip-plant

Korean news agency Yonhap News is reporting that a gas leak at a Samsung factory in south Seoul has killed one worker. A malfunction in the fire extinguishing system released carbon dioxide after the system mistakenly detected a fire, asphyxiating a 52 year old man.

This accident is the latest in a string of accidents at Samsung facilities over the past 18 months. In January 2013, a major hydrofluoric acid leak at Samsung’s maun chip factory in Hwaseong killed one and hospitalized four others. Three more were injured in a similar incident four months later.

Samsung confirmed today’s accident on its official website, adding that it will work to prevent similar incidents from happening again.

Last Updated on